Mold Removal and Remediation
Mold Remediation and Control by Mold Removal Contractors in Illinois & Wisconsin
United Services is your local professional source for disaster restoration and home repairs, including mold removal and water damage of all types.
Mold damage in a home can be especially difficult to remove permanently.
Without a trained and fully certified technician performing the work, the mold may not be completely removed, or it may simply grow back in a few months.
Mold has been found to damage personal property, and also to seriously affect the health of many residents within a household -- especially those with asthma or allergies.
According to the Journal Of Property Management, a single square inch of drywall can contain between one and 10 million mold spores. It only takes three to five of those spores to cause a reaction in a sensitive individual.
Fast, Professional Service
We offer 24-hour emergency service, as well as 24-Hour Emergency Service on repairs and restorations.
We offer certified, professional services for homeowners throughout our Illinois & Wisconsin service area, including Lake Forest, Wilmette, Winnetka, nearby Kenilworth, Highland Park, Lake Bluff, Deerfield, Highwood, Fort Sheridan, Barrington, Northbrook, Glencoe, Glenview, Lake Zurich, Spring Grove, Arlington Heights, Vernon Hills, and the surrounding areas.
Mold Removal Facts
- Mold Grows Quickly: Mold needs only moisture, temperatures above 40 °F (4 °C), and organic material to survive. Mold can grow in 24-48 hours, preferring areas with no sunlight, limited airflow, and little disruption.
- Mold Destroys Your Home: Professional Builder Magazine warns that mold will dramatically lower the value of your home. A home worth $250,000 can easily have $100,000 in mold problems and will be difficult to sell at any price. Additionally, mold can lead to serious structural damage to your home.
- Cleaning Visible Mold is Not Enough: Mold can grow in fiberglass insulation, on top of ceiling tiles, inside ducts, behind drywall panels, in wall cavities, and behind wallpaper. Even when it's visible, it's often impossible (even for an expert) to tell the difference between mold, soot, and dirt without testing. The mold you can see is just the beginning, and some of it is extremely hard to find!
- Bleach & Detergent Will Not Eliminate Mold: Bleach and detergent are useful for removing mold on nonporous surfaces. However, materials such as ceiling tiles, carpeting, and wallboard will have deep mold penetration and may need to be replaced. Removed mold will regrow if all sources of moisture and humidity are not eliminated.
- Mold Cleaning is Hazardous: It only takes 3-5 mold spores to cause an allergic reaction, and some molds contain mycotoxins that are carcinogenic or deadly. Vibrations and movement will cause mold to release their spores; it's easy to accidentally knock hundreds of thousands of spores loose from a single patch of mold! And that's just a drop in the bucket: Recent research has shown that up to one billion mold spores can be found in just one square foot of drywall!
- Mold Removal Requires Professional Equipment and Training: Mold removal experts have a variety of state-of-the-art equipment that they use to identify sources of moisture, to dry out wall cavities, and to safely remove mold that is growing in your home. Samples of mold may be analyzed in a laboratory to identify potentially toxic strains, and special cleaning agents may be used to restore property. While some contractors are jumping on the "mold is gold" bandwagon, it's important to find the established, trained, and equipped contractors that are committed to the industry for the long haul.
To Sum It Up: As Steven R. Silicato, writer for Buildings Magazine states, "Choosing the right remediation contractor could be the single most important decision an owner or manager makes -- one that could mean the difference between a successful cleanup or a negative outcome."
Mold Removal Contractors in Wilmette, Lake Forest, Winnetka
Mold Spores & Health Issues
People at high risk from mold spore exposure:
- Individuals with Asthma or Allergies
- Individuals Taking Medication
- Pregnant Women
- Children 6-12 Years Old
At United Services, we offer certified, professional mold removal and remediation services in the Illinois & Wisconsin area, including Winnetka, Wilmette, Lake Forest and surrounding areas such as Highland Park, Kenilworth, Deerfield, Lake Bluff, Barrington, Highwood, Fort Sheridan.
If your home is at risk of mold due to flood damage or fire damage, we offer 24-hour emergency services, available every day of the year.
We can be there, on site, within just a few hours to help you dry out your home and prevent a potential mold growth issue right away.
We pride ourselves on our dedication to customer education, service, and our adherences to available national standards and best practices.
Our experts are standing by to help you! For a 24-Hour Emergency Service, call us, or send us an e-mail today! We service the Winnetka, Wilmette, Lake Forest, Deerfield, Kenilworth, Highland Park, Barrington, Highwood, Fort Sheridan, Lake Bluff, Northbrook, Glencoe, Glenview, Lake Zurich, Spring Grove, Arlington Heights, Vernon Hills and surrounding Illinois & Wisconsin area.